Thursday, March 14, 2013

5BBC Crash Seminar

 

As you may already know, Hubb was in a crash early January. It’s been rocky dealing with the healing, the MRI’s, the horrible Disability Claims office, and lawyers..it is not without its stressors. Luckily enough, I still have a husband and The Kid still has a father, and he is getting better and better everyday with much positivity from our loved ones. I cannot express my thanks to all for your kind words, prayers, legal help, and general positive energy! With that said, when I received a Facebook invite to this seminar 5BBC was hosting in Soho, I RSVP’d posthaste.

IMG_0947IMG_0948

REI was kind enough to lend their cellar meeting room to those who came out and City Bakery supplied some yummy goodies! REI is a fantastic outdoor/recreation store who just moved over to the East Coast, and Downtown loves it to bits. Its easy to get lost in all the gear clothing and of course bikes! Starting around 6:30 pm, we learned so much from the presenting lawyers, who are fellow cyclists and have been in crashes. I took some pictures of their Power Point presentation;

IMG_0951IMG_0953IMG_0956IMG_0957

IMG_0959IMG_0963IMG_0960

I was SO surprised to learn Cell phone usage does not apply to cyclists. I only take out my phone for directions, but even then I pull over, I do not condone phone usage on the streets! I was also shocked that there is no law for us cyclists to be in a single file, not even two abreast(next to each other), we can travel in packs if we want! SO RAD.

After the seminar, Hubb and I explore REI:

IMG_0968IMG_0972IMG_0969

Whilst browsing and chatting, we meet some of NYC’s Track bike peeps from Instagram!

IMG_0977

Don’t mind the face, I get happy when peeps recognize me! Great meeting @getafteritnow and @ishkibbible (go follow them, bikey peeps!)

I also had time for a few shots of that nights outfit;

IMG_0974IMG_0975IMG_0976Outfit Details

Leggings(got em in blue and purple!): Ebay

Torrid Safety-pin Vest: Embellish Boutique

Spiked Moto Jacket: Forever 21+

Bicycle Head Scarf: Oh Honey Hush! on Etsy

Bag: Chrome(The Victor-my dad’s name :))

 

A big thank you to 5BBC for an informative seminar and chill atmosphere, I definitely plan on coming out on a ride! Click here to learn more about 5BBC and all they offer us cyclists.

Happy Cruisin’!

K xo

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Im sorry to hear about your hubs, Im glad hes ok though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweets! Greatful to have him with me still :)

      Delete