Monday, December 19, 2011

I don’t always have $12.50 to spend on a single lip gloss.

I won’t go off on a (complete)tantrum here, but, what's with every single “beauty” blog solely using MAC makeup? Or NARS? I can honestly say that I would love to use these brands 24/7, but let me I must face reality; I’M A BROKE BITCH. I have priorities and no credit card. I go to my local Beauty Supply store and raid the hell out of it.
IMG_0088IMG_0089IMG_0090IMG_0091
Where my collection resides: A Monster High cosmetic box..I love it :)
I can’t help but become apprehensive towards blogs or websites that only feature high-end cosmetics/brands. They cater to a crowd I do not know much about. I’m not an over-privileged less-than-appreciative Upper East Side housewife….those bitches piss me off! I mean, I’m almost 25 and NEVER walked into a Sephora.
Even if I could afford lip gloss that costs as much as NYX eye shadow, primer AND 2 or 3 lipsticks, I’ll make “a pimp decision” and go for the more bang-for-my-buck option. I know a HELL of a lot more women who are sick of the pretentiousness of makeup tutorials, I’m one of them, instead of waiting to see if someone can make the same looks for less… I’ll be the one to break the mold :)
IMG_0094IMG_0096
IMG_0106
I don’t own much, so this is as much a learning experience, as much as its point-proving. Er excuse the poor quality of the photos, I have yet another camera to get used too!

So, there will be another topic to be covered in my blog. and it will be called;
“BEAUTY & THE FRUGAL” 
Any new beauty-finds, tips I come across, or comparisons to higher-end products will be put in blog posts starting as such. Vlogs are also being considered.


2012 is almost here, bringing about new ideas, connections, and opportunities…IM NOT LETTING A SINGLE ONE PASS ME BY!

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I've acquired some higher-end products over the years, but that was through gift certificates and gifts. Otherwise it really is very expensive. I LOVE e.l.f. & most of the brands you can find at Target & Walgreens. It's definitely better to get more for your money these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with ya! As a college student, it's so hard to identify with beauty bloggers who only use expensive beauty products, and it's hard to identify with fashion bloggers who only wear expensive brands like Chanel and Prada. How do they expect to appeal to readers that way? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most of us don't have that kind of money.

    www.thequirkypoet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post and can totally relate to you. Some now all these posts with MAC n Stila n Benefit and bla bla bla piss me off!!!
    We have to pay rent and bills and feed ourselves and buy clothes and bags and shoes. On top of that how the hell do we buy all the shiny pricey stuff?

    And i have come up with a motto - IF YOU'RE PRETTY, YOU DON'T NEED MAC, MAYBELLINE IS GOOD ENOUGH ;)

    ReplyDelete