Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sharon and Davin Wed…Hindi style!

 

Would you believe the only wedding I have ever attended was my own? I’m serious! So being invited to such an extravagant, lavish, lengthy, and culturally magnificent Hindi ceremony was a great opportunity! Lucky for us it was our landlords son who was getting married, and the whole wedding(ceremony and reception) was within 4 blocks of our house…YAY! Irene was making it a wet and nasty day…but the show must go on, and so did my makeup Smile

DSCN3625DSCN3626DSCN3627DSCN3630

Regg was lucky enough to have a festive shirt..thanks to my mother handing it down to him..it was my Daddy’s

DSCN3628

I felt so underdressed…but I do love the dress I got from Old Navy…CLEARANCE OF COURSE!

Untitled

I could not take a good pic that day..just could not..but I do like this dress a lot! its very vintage feeling and feels like it would be great to ride in..can’t wait to test ride in it SmileI paired it with my off white Coccinelle handbag, which I have only used once before in the 6 years I have had it..I mess up white TOO badly(it’s a brand no one really has in the states, its like the euro coach I guess).

DSCN3624DSCN3623

Our landlord(and the whole schmeal) looked fantastic!!

DSCN3629DSCN3637DSCN3640DSCN3642DSCN3673DSCN3689DSCN3721DSCN3703DSCN3722DSCN3728DSCN3768DSCN3771DSCN3772So many gorgeous saris!

 

The Bride and Groom…how gorgeous is she?

DSCN3767

Since we were in a temple, we had to take off our shoes..which I have secretly always wanted to do! I loved the art and statues of gods and deities

DSCN3631DSCN3632DSCN3635DSCN3636DSCN3681DSCN3804DSCN3805DSCN3806DSCN3808DSCN3809 

Check the program: Love it!

DSCN3680

Also a first here on my blog: VIDEOS! this whole thing was so full of tradition and wonder, pics just wasn’t doing the job!

 

The party went on for days….no really..DAYS! I am good on the partying for a while after this weekend! Glad to be part of so much culture and to be surrounded by such new and interesting things..all a few blocks away from my house SmileIt made me think about how happy I was when I got married. I feel so lucky to have a great husband by my side <3

 

CONGRATS TO THE NEWLYWEDS!

K.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a Hindi wedding but your video was pure Bollywood! All the dancing. I agree that the saris are beautiful. I'd wear a sari any day! During the 80's when I was at Univ. of Georgia my philosophy professor was married to the most stunningly beautiful Indian woman. I used to see her with him on campus. He, who looked like the protagonist of David Lynch's file Eraserhead, and she wearing some gorgeous, vividly colored sari and hair that hung down past her waste.

    Anyway, the best wedding that I ever attended, other than my own of course, was that of my friends Betsy and Steve of Chicagoland, who are both Jewish and thus had the Jewish mamma's wedding of her dreams! Like the Hindi wedding, a Jewish wedding goes on for days and there is much dancing, and of course food. A contingency of us from Louisville made the trek to Chicago (Buffalo Grove to be precise) where we seemed to go from one meal to the next. It was all good and one of the best times of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful occasion to experience. Thanks so much for virtually including your readers in it!

    ReplyDelete